When customers receive SMS without their knowledge, it's SPAM. When a customer clearly checks a box that says 'I agree to receive SMS at this number' it's a great customer experience!
The 3 Most Important Things to Know about SMS Compliance
If you are ready to submit your brand and campaign for review by VOXOX, hop over to our Brand and Campaign Registration form.
1. Opt-in and Express Consent
Top 5 ways to gain Express Consent from your customers
- Add your opt-in SMS Keyword to social media or your website
- Create a form that allows your users to enter their mobile number to opt-in
- Add a sign next to your register promoting joining your list
- At the bottom of every receipt, add your Keyword to promote your brand
- Every email you send should have a call-to-action to join your list
2. Call-to-Action and Required Terms
There are 6 key points that must be covered in the Call-to-Action
- Automated Messages - agree to receive automated messages from your brand
- Campaign Purpose - why are they receiving SMS
- Frequency of Messages - how often will they receive messages
- Message and Data Rates - wireless carriers require that the end-user knows that standard message and data rates apply.
- Terms and Conditions - identify your brand, how to reach you and how to opt-out of messages.
3. Confirmation message
Examples of Call-to-Action and Express Consent
Call to action button on your website
Call to action button on a form with a check box to opt in to SMS
Sign in your window or register
Text BOOKS to 888-123-1234 to sign up for promotional text messages.
You agree to receive automated promotional messages. This is not a condition of purchase. Terms and Privacy can be found at brand.com/terms. You may receive up to 4 messages per month. Reply STOP to stop or HELP for help.